Whiskey Acres Bottled in Bond Straight Bourbon Whiskey Review.

Whiskey Acres Bottled in Bond Straight Bourbon Whiskey


    Whiskey Acres has been on my radar for quite a while, and I'm happy to finally see their bottles making their way into Indiana. Based in Illinois, Whiskey Acres isn't just another craft distillery sourcing grain from elsewhere—they're truly a farm-to-glass operation. Every step starts on their own farmland, where they plant, grow, and harvest the grains before distilling, aging, and bottling everything themselves.

    That level of control is something I always appreciate because it gives a distillery the opportunity to create a flavor profile that's uniquely theirs rather than chasing someone else's style. Being Bottled in Bond means it follows one of America's oldest whiskey quality standards. This bourbon was produced from one distilling season, under one master distiller, aged in a federally bonded warehouse for at least four years, and bottled at exactly 100 proof.

    Whiskey Acres goes a step further by producing every grain themselves. They also mature their bourbon in traditional 53-gallon barrels, avoiding the shortcut of smaller barrels that many younger craft distilleries rely on.


For the full video review visit the link here: https://youtu.be/i18wzGTgWdw

Age Statement: 5 years.

ABV: 50%.

Mashbill: 75% Corn, 15% Soft Red Winter Wheat, 10% Malted Barley.

Area of Distillation: DeKalb, Illinois.

Appearance: Dark mahogany.


On the nose:
    The first thing that jumped out at me was a rich, polished oak note that reminded me of walking through an antique furniture store. It has that slightly waxy character I often associate with well-made craft whiskey, but it never comes across as funky or off-putting. From there the sweeter notes begin to open up with caramel, creamy vanilla, buttery corn, and a gentle wheat spice that replaces what rye would normally contribute. 

    As the glass sat, I started finding cinnamon, a touch of nutmeg, and an impressive amount of mature oak that almost reminded me of a lightly double-oaked bourbon. For 100 proof, it drinks remarkably easy with virtually no ethanol getting in the way. The longer I spent with it, the more it reminded me of Ben Holladay Bottled in Bond, and that's not a comparison I make very often.


Taste:
    The palate delivers exactly what the nose promised. It's rich, coating the mouth with sweet corn, creamy vanilla, caramel, and a wonderful toasted oak character that gives the bourbon far more maturity than I expected from five years. The wheat spice keeps everything balanced while a touch of pepper begins to develop toward the back of the sip. 

    Coming back to the glass, I started noticing hints of toasted coconut and even some mixed berries that played surprisingly well with the sweeter vanilla notes. What impressed me most was the texture. It has that full-bodied mouthfeel that lingers long after the sip is gone and makes you want to keep exploring everything the whiskey has to offer.


Finish:
    The finish hangs on with lingering oak, gentle pepper, caramel, and those dusty grain notes that carried throughout the entire pour. Nothing becomes bitter or overly drying, and it simply fades at a comfortable pace while inviting you back for another sip. That's exactly what I hope to find in a well-made craft bourbon.


Final Thoughts: 
    Whiskey Acres absolutely nailed this one. Everything they talk about with their farm-to-glass approach shows up in the whiskey itself, and it's refreshing to see a craft distillery back up its story with such a well-made bourbon.

    At around $50, I think this is an easy recommendation for anyone looking to branch out from the larger brands. It's approachable, layered, and drinks with a maturity that easily outperforms its age statement. More than anything, this bottle made me excited to open the rest of their lineup. Their Bottled in Bond Rye is already waiting on the shelf, and after this pour, I have a feeling I'm in for another treat.


Rating: A (Excellent).

Cost: $49.99 for 750ml.

For the full video review visit the link here: https://youtu.be/i18wzGTgWdw.

Social platforms to follow me: https://linktr.ee/thelastcallyt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maker's Mark Cask Strength 7 Year Bourbon Whiskey Review.

Elijah Craig A925 Barrel Proof Rye Whiskey Review.

Penelope 18 Year American Light Whiskey Review.